Library Study Rooms
The library has study rooms (for 1 to 2 users) and a group study room (for 3 to 6 users). These rooms are intended for quiet study or consultation by students and other community users. Rooms may not be reserved and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Library Meeting Rooms
Meeting rooms at South Georgia Regional Library are available for groups to come together to learn and exchange information and ideas. The library makes meeting rooms available to the public regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of the individuals or groups requesting their use. Use of the Library’s Public Meeting Rooms is governed by the Policy, Guidelines, and Procedures for Public Use of Library Meeting Rooms as adopted from time to time by the South Georgia Regional Library Board of Trustees. You must familiarize yourself with those Policies, Guidelines and Procedures for Public Use of Library Meeting Rooms prior to reserving and using the Library’s meeting rooms. Reservations for meeting rooms must be made with the designated Library manager or staff during normal Library operation hours and in advance of the requested meeting room use. There is no charge for using Library meeting rooms.
The maximum time the room may be reserved and used is three (3) hours. Rooms will not be opened before the reserved time; groups should schedule the reservation to include set-up and clean-up times. The reservation will be held for 15 minutes after the reservation time.
Meeting rooms are not available for use between the hours of 8:00 p.m. through 9:00 a.m.
Meeting Room Reservation Application and Agreement Form [available at all Library branches and also at www.sgrl.org] must be completed and executed prior to use of the meeting room by an authorized member or representative of the group reserving the meeting room and who is at least 21 years old. Furthermore, such person’s execution also signifies the agreement for and on behalf of the group or organization utilizing the meeting room, and by the person executing the form as the designated responsible individual on behalf of such group, to identify and hold harmless the South Georgia Regional Library Board of Trustees and its members, employees, and agents from any claims and liability arising out of or related to the use of the Library facilities including without limitation damage to Library property.
If requested, a Certificate of Liability Insurance on behalf of the group must be provided to the Library before the meeting date.
The person executing the Meeting Room Reservation Application and Agreement Form will be the contact person for the reservation and is the only person authorized to make changes to the reservation.
Groups using any of the Library meeting rooms outside of regular Library open hours must be finished (including room cleanup) and vacate the Library building by 10:00 p.m.
Key checkout and lock/unlock procedures:
- The person making the application and executing the reservation form for the meeting room must sign for the key to access the meeting room.
- If a key is lost, the person executing the reservation form and checking out the key is responsible for the cost of having the Library’s locks changed and new keys made.
- The key can be checked out only on the day of the meeting (or if the Library is closed on the meeting day/time, on the day the Library is open immediately preceding the day of the meeting).
- Fines of $5.00 per day will be charged for the late return of the key. The key must be returned by the Library’s close of business on the first day the Library is open immediately following the day of the meeting.
- If a meeting is postponed or canceled, the Library must be notified as soon as possible in order to make the meeting room available for others.No groups may re-assign or “sub-let” its meeting room reservation to any other group. In the event of a Library facility or weather-related emergency, or other exigent circumstances, meeting room reservations and usage may have to be canceled. Library staff will attempt to inform the contact person of the closing.
- A group or individual wishing to use a meeting room may only schedule up to three meetings in advance, one (1) per calendar month, up to three (3) months in advance of a meeting use date. Reservations are not considered confirmed until the completed Meeting Room Reservation Application and Agreement Form is received and approved by Library staff.
Adopted July 17, 2018, by the South Georgia Regional Library Board of Trustees